Thank You and Snippit

I just wanted to make a general post to thank everyone for the support with the plagiarism issue. It still hasn't been taken down and still hasn't responded back to my message but I still want to thank everyone for taking the time to message her/fanfiction about the issue.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now but I'll continue to work on it and watch her. From the way she hasn't responded I'm getting the vibe she might either just let the story die and continue to 'write' on another site or wait until she thinks the hype has gone down and then post. Either way, I'll be waiting, lol.

I hope everything has been going well with everyone and again, thanks for the support <333. 

Click for story status updated and a look at AJ's POV.



STATUS UPDATE
IWOAK
I'll be honest, I haven't gotten much done but this weekend is dedicated to it since although school started this week and I have a pretty heavy schedule I don't have any homework [well, I have to do some readings and make notes but I'm pretty sure I already have that information somewhere so I'm just going to look for it, lol] and I want to get back on track since once I fall off I have a horrible habit of letting school/life railroad me and then we're looking at six months with no posts.

FALL FOR YOUR TYPE
Figured out fully, but on hold until I finish IWOAK. This story is going to be interesting because this will most likely be my first story with no real intense outside drama. No cancer, no long lost brother/blackmail story, no best friend buying you a boyfriend/bribing a boy to date you. Just a girl and a guy who are trying to become better then they were and sure they'll bring each other down. Or something like that, lol.

I don't know if I can pull it off but it'll be fun to try.

CHOICES. 
I'm actually just going to end this post with a look at one of the things I started for AJ's piece but it just isn't working for me the way I want it too. The first two aren't complete as you could probably figure but I just got stuck and there's something off about the show and tell scene from his POV. It was one of the major turning points in their relationship and I want to get it right.

I will say, one of the advantages of writing AJ's POV is that you guys can see why his feelings changed. I love the fact that he fell in love first, yeah she liked him but he fell hard and fast, lol even when he didn't realise it. 


----


He didn’t dress up for Halloween. He sure as hell didn’t put on makeup, get on stage and pretend to be a psychotic clown, or Joker, because some girl had glared at his chin and that dick Vince had implied he’d be a better partner for his fake girlfriend.
And yet, here he was. He’d give it to her, it was amusing, and if he had been aware of how she’d change he would’ve been willing to wear something even a bit more outrageous. She didn’t seem to realize how much prettier she got when she wasn’t trying to look smaller than she was or hide from God knows what.
When she had glared at him for not taking part in everything on stage he had been hit with an urge to kiss her and so he did. Her reaction more than made up for the fact that she had looked like she want to break his nose.

--
He was an asshole. He’d known it the moment he’d thought of the plan and the feeling had just gotten stronger the more he got to know her. If he’d had any decent bone in his body he would’ve ended it the moment he’d met her family. No, on Halloween actually, when she had sat in a dark gymnasium and tried to explain about her adoption.

But he didn’t and now he couldn’t. He couldn’t walk away from her even if he wanted too and he’d already set the plan into motion which was the bigger issue if he really thought about it. But all he had to do was keep her away from the Goblins.

So no black and white affair, make sure Vince kept his mouth shut and there’d be no need for her to learn that the reality she tried so hard to maintain could crumble in a moment because of his sister’s big mouth and his misguided attempt at revenge.
--
Alejandro Mendez had spent seventeen, almost eighteen, years on this planet never regretting anything that he did for his sisters. Scratch that, he rarely regretted any of the things that he did for his sisters. There were a few memorable occasions which included makeup and dresses and actually posing for pictures but he’d been five and too young to know better at the time.

He might have been the baby the longest but he was the only boy and as such, the only man of the house and it was his job to protect them, even from their own mistakes. And if he couldn’t do that, well he could make sure the person that hurt them suffered for it.

But as he looked at her, the way she sat in his lap not seeming to realize what she was doing to him, her face and body half covered in the shadows even as she trusted him not only with her body but with her darkest secrets he regretted picking her.

She shifted in on him, her fingers tugging at each other while she tried to find the words to tell her story, or truthfully, tried to push it out in one rush in an attempt to get it out and over with. He rubbed her back as she lost control of her enunciation, her words losing their usual crispness and taking on the more rounded almost lisp like cadence that signified she wasn’t as in control as she’d like be.

He knew if he mentioned it she would slow down, focus on pushing the words out because to her it was another sign that she was weak and not good enough while in reality it was just another aspect of her that he loved because it showed her strength and determination and it was a part of her.

It took all of his will not to pull her into his chest and hold her to him, hiding her from the world even as he tried to take her pain when she told him about her scars, about the things she could remember and everything she wished she could forget.

He wished he had the strength to erase that part of her life from her memory the way she wanted, or better yet, he wished he’d been the one to deal with the people who did this to her. And not just her biological family either, no, he meant the little shits she called cousins and relatives who made her feel like she was less than them because she wasn’t born with their blood.

But he wasn’t just filled with anger on her behalf though, he was also filled with shame, feeling like the biggest piece of shit for the way he had treated her before and the fact that he’d had the nerve to think that she was weak or beneath him because she avoided conflict.

And when it was his turn he told her the truth about his scars; waiting to see her face twist into a mask of fear and disgust when it hit her that she was sitting on the lap of someone who was no better than the people who had hurt her.

Instead she seemed to understand, her fingers trailing over his scars softly and causing a tightness in his stomach and other parts of his body that she would feel if she’d just shift a little closer, distracting him for a moment from the horribleness of the situation.

And then she made him laugh, her reaction to him trying to show her his tattoo so flustered and out of place during the moment he couldn’t help but grin and proposition her, loving the way he knew she was blushing even though he couldn’t actually seeing it.

Loving her for not hating him for doing what he had too to make sure no one hurt his sisters. Although how long that would last now that he had agreed to bring her to that stupid black and white affair he didn’t know. Even as she slid off of him he wished he had stood his ground but after what he just heard he couldn’t give her any more reason to doubt herself, or, stupid as this was, doubt him.

So he had said yes and now he was regretting it. Regretting everything. Actually, he didn’t regret choosing her, he regretted the reasons behind why he chose her, and hoped fervently that his luck would hold out and he could get through the night and keep her.




Comments

  1. Darn it lOl
    Good things come to those who wait; I really enjoyed this actually even if it may not be the original one, but a preview. I'm very patient so I'll wait. :) I'm starting to understand AJ && I don't mind learning more.

    In other News;Hope the girl takes your story down from her page.

    Izzy O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just my my day and it only just started. I Can't wait for IWOAK update, this story have had me addicted since the beginning and with every chapter i just completely get more and more addicted because the characters are real and the story is powerful.

    FFYT i know will be great!

    Choices and the snippit that you gave was great. the last one that showed how he was feeling about the confession chapter was honest and i liked that.

    LadyLuckAJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I totally have to read Choices now ^^. Well maybe not right this minute (cause I'll get sucked in and totally forget to finish my chores) but definitely in the near future. As for the plagiarism thing...that chick needs to take that story down and soon. I was going to tell you about fpwatchers on livejournal (they look for plagiarism cases) but your case is up there. There is also another community on livejournal and although the format is slightly different the community's goals are the same. It's called stop_plagiarism and it appears to have a long reaching "arm" so to speak. So if you still hear nothing you can look into that as well. I just really wanted to tell you that I'm so excited about IWOAK and Choices (I can't wait to read that one-wish I could read it tonight).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Izzy, depending on how the other bits I try come out, the show and tell scene might become the official chapter with a few changes/additions.

    @LadyLuckAJ I think you're one of the few reviewers I've had since WDC who has stuck with me for IWOAK and I really do appreciate it, and I'm glad that it's still working for you after all these years.

    I want to keep the honesty but something's just a bit off with it, I want to get it figured out soon so I can post something even if IWOAK chapter isn't finished for this month. (I know I keep saying that but I mean it, one of those stories is getting updated this month, lol)

    @mizgardenia
    There is only one chapter of Choices currently up since I got stuck really early on with it, AJ's voice is hard to get down and keep consistent, lol.

    I checked out stop_plagiarism and I definitely think I'll make a post about it on there at some point since she's not making any attempt to fix things and even if the story doesn't get taken down, they do have a list of known plagiarizers and she should be on there and people can see if she has taken work from any other authors.

    I'm glad you're enjoying the story and I hope you like Choices :) Thanks for telling me about the stop plagiarism site as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted my review of "her" story to her story. Tell me, was I too harsh.



    Easy reading is damn hard writing. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

    I applaud all brave souls who put their heart and soul into creating a story, characters, environments, and feelings and bring them to life. Silently I cheer on those that are strong enough to post their work. It is hard to put your heart out there for everyone to judge. That's why whether good or bad I always try to look for the good in every story and give it a positive review. I read it from beginning to end. Many authors start out on these sites as OK writers,find their stride, and become superb.

    Two Years ago I discovered this author named Jammi. Her stories were awesome and she has just gotten better with time. She has been writing and creating for years. She has been building her craft through hard work, mistakes, re-writes, and patience.

    I have read ALL of When Doves Cry and ALL of Here to Stay. It gives me no pleasure to say this, but you are a lazy thief and I have emailed FanFiction.net about your plagiarism. To take someones hard work and pass it off as your own is disgraceful. Your act of thievery makes it quite apparent that with the screen of the internet you are capable of stealing, cheating, lying, and have no sense of morals. Would you do this in IRL where all your friends and family could judge you? Would you try to get away with this at school or your job? Or have you already done so? Maybe that's why you stole someone's work and feel you won't be held accountable.

    You are a lazy coward. You are not brave enough to put your own original stories online. It is obvious that you lack drive and a sense of hard work. If you had any sense of right & wrong you would put in the hard work, hours, and frustration to write something of your own creation. If you have any sense of decency you would take your story down.

    One last thing, Karma is real. You WILL get back what you have send out. I will not stop emailing fanfiction until this story is taken down.

    Good Day,
    Sequined Pajamas

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sequined Pajamas

    I don't think it's too harsh. I think you stated the truth.

    I will say that your 'good day' at the end made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jammi I couldn't stopped myself. I always like to end my rantings on a civilized note.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jammi this is JLeshay :)so glad that your fellow readers are supporting you and that you're going to continue to write I wish I had done that before but that's another story for another time lol anyway I don't know what these people are doing at all. I'm glad the wave died down but it still damaged both fp and ffn and who knows she probably did steal her lead heroine from another writer it wouldn't be surprising. I just hope everything works out for you I had to fight for my copied stories to get taken down and ffn is slow because the site is so big. Anyway oan my offer of assistance still stands or if you just wanna talk :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey jammi, sorry the story still hasn't been taken down but being the bigger person wil always work out.

    On a happier note, i just got back from holiday and a preview of aj's pov just topped it for me. it's great seeing your stride hasn't been broken and that aj had wanted to break off the judi thing but felt too much by that point. definitely looking forward to the next chapter. stay strong.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the plagiarist

Here have some Judi

Frustration and Musings