Halloween Short

So I think I've figured out why this chapter is so hard for me.

Part of the reason is because I want it to end well. I want it to be true to the tone and the characters that I've created while being realistic based on the situation, but the other reason is because I've been overthinking it and focused only on this story.

When I was reaching the end of WDC, I was already starting to work on IWOAK, and with one of the other novels I finished (it wasn't posted on FP, at lest not the finished product) I had been working on WDC and it alternately whenever I got stuck on one. And when that didn't work I drew or painted or had some other form of creative outlet.

This time around I've been working only on IWOAK and sometimes FFYT or trying to work on CHOICES with all other stories being put on the backburner or I haven't been writing at all, not seriously. I haven't even really drawn/painted anything in a while.

 I've decided to just write the short story for the Monster's Ball thingle I mentioned in an earlier post. IWOAK isn't coming along and not writing anything while I force myself to try and fix whatever feels off to me is a good way to give myself writer's block.

I'm still going to be picking away at IWOAK, but for the past few months that's the only thing I've been seriously focused on, so I think giving myself permission to actually write, and not just jot out scenes for something then putting it on the back burner as I work on IWOAK should hopefully get the juices flowing and destroy this weird hump I'm in.

The Halloween story is a 'short' that's set in my Starcrossed Universe. It maybe an alternate universe story and non-canon (meaning that when you read the Starcrossed series the modern day versions of these characters may/may not exist). 

So I'm not abandoning IWOAK and it's not even on hiatus as I'll still be trying to figure out how to end it but I'll (hopefully) be posting some new stuff and it'll kick my butt into gear so I can be done with IWOAK before Christmas.

<333 br="br">

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here have some Judi

the plagiarist

Frustration and Musings