Current Projects - January 2014

So, as part of my goal to stay on track with writing in 2014 I'm going to try and make a post about what I'm working on/thinking about at least once a month because it'll keep me accountable (hopefully) and I think you guys would like to be kept up to date since I know how it feels to be waiting for your fave to let you know what's going on with their writing.

Now, I won't make any promises on what day/week this will be posted (hopefully mid-month) and I'm not sure I'll be as consistent with this as I want or if I'll just go back to the status updates when I have the time but it doesn't hurt to try it out.

Would you guys be interested in my progress 'submission' wise as well? That'll be nearer the middle of the year but I think a goal this year is to really step up on getting my writing out there beyond FP and the like.

So now on to current WIPs and where I stand on them:



The Blood Series - BK1 Blood Hunt
New Adult UF, First Person Protagonist. Hauntings. Shapeshifters. Obeah. Friendships. This summer Rayvn might end up with more than she can handle.

This book is one of the first stories I put up on FP. I hadn't written in almost over three years at the time (I stopped writing at 12 then started back when I was 15) I removed it and focused on Everybody's Fool instead (does anyone remember that story?!? I was rereading it as part of my get back on track goals for this year and oh mannnnn, I can't believe I posted that for people to read).

Status: Rereading first draft, making notes and outlining for rewrite/draft two. Researching as well since I'm thinking of changing what the bad guy is, when I first started the story, the creature was fairly rare on the UF scene and now it's pretty popular.

It Was Only a Kiss (standalone)
YA/New Adult contemporary Romance- First person. I think it's fair to say y'all know what this is, lol.

Status: Rereading/editing. Deciding on whether or not to make a few changes to the characters/setting.

Check this space for the epilogue outline at some point. Since the words won't actually flow, I might just give you the bare bones sketch so you know where I was going with it.

Fall For Your Type (standalone)
New Adult Contemporary Romance- First/Third Person switch. Childhood friends turned enemies turn acquaintances reunite when choices from their past force them to depend on one another.

Status: Blocking out the structure, the way this is going to be written is a bit different than IWOAK as I'll be alternating POVs and possible showing both Past/Present.

One More Night (standalone)
Adult Paranormal Romance - Third Person. Soul Mates. Gladiators. Shapeshifters. What happens when you find the person you've been searching for your whole life but they don't see it?

Status: First chapter is being written as well as doing a bit more research to flesh it out. Think at this point I'll just fudge the actual historical bits and then make it more accurate during the rewrites or just say 'earth with an alternate timeline' to excuse my shoddy research skills.

This isn't the whole list of projects floating in my head. I have a few untitled contemporaries and UF novels as well as an old fantasy novel that randomly reappeared this week and I'm in love with where it could go but these are the ones that I'll probably talk about the most.
----------------
In regards to Swoon Reads, I've looked into them a bit more and I don't think it's as good of an idea as it's presented. They'd have exclusive rights of my works for six months once it was submitted and I'm not comfortable with signing that over, since if they said no that's six months where it could be querying elsewhere and I don't feel comfortable with some of the other terms in the contract.


Comments

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more from you.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, don't think consistency will be a problem we're just generally happy to hear how you're getting on whenever you have the chance.

    On another note I finally get how AJ felt when he was trying to skate that first time. I'm on holiday in Canada and went skating for the first time. I used to think I had coordination, now I know I don't.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao, skating looks so easy, 'just slide slide slide' then you actually get on the ice and your arms are flailing and you're hunched trying not to fall, lol, but once you catch it you feel so nice, lmao.

    Did you enjoy it? And hopefully you haven't had to deal with the ridiculous wind chill temperatures since you've been up here. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did enjoy it once I stayed on my feet, bear in mind I had a lot of help. Next time it won't be so bad. The temperature has been -8 and with the wind chill -18 but no lower but I've been getting through it and enjoying myself.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the plagiarist

Here have some Judi

Frustration and Musings