Update

Happy Halloween! And if you don't celebrate it, well, happy day before you can buy massive amounts of candy and stuff for half the price, lol. 

Doing a bit of rewriting because I have a fun scene with Judi, Missy, Talia and Lisa butttt it's not necessary and it's making it difficult for me to get to the scene that I need to make the story move forward so I'm holding onto it to see if it can be put in at a later date and if not, well then I guess we'll have an outtake scene for the blog at some point, lol.

I'm hoping to have it up by the end of this week, I'm pushing to have it up by tonight/tomorrow but no guarantees. 

School wise, eh.I fumbled on two assignments, one I did wrong in every way possible, I might as well not have done it at all and the other I forgot to do a section, thankfully not a large section but still. I don't know why because I do not play with my school work.  

I think I'm so caught up with my group assignments and trying to get a job that I'm not focusing as clearly as I should on the others. It's my final year and I'm just making stupid mistakes, ugh. 

Thankfully my school schedule calms down this week, so I'm going to try and just pump the words out and see how far that gets me. November is actually a pretty chill month for me since I only have one or two assignments due a week with a few tests sprinkled in and no major presentations. The assignments themselves are pretty large but still, once I get through this week I'll get a good handle on things and push through.
And this sounds super sketchy, but does anyone have ideas on ways to get money that are legal even if you can't get a job? I was thinking about trying to find writing contests and entering those but I am struggling to get a chapter out for IWOAK and keeping my school work on point, much less adding contests to the mix.




Nanowrimo
Anyone doing it? Nanowrimo is in November and basically you try to write a novel, or 50K in a month. I've tried every year since 2004, I've won twice, lmao, but it's a great kick start just to push words out during what is usually one of the busiest months for me.

If you are on there, my username is Jammi as usual, feel free to add me as a buddy. I'm not doing traditional wrimo in the sense of completing a novel, I'm aiming more for 50k so I'll be trying to push out the last five chapters of IWOAK (which I will then go through to clean up mistakes/inconsistencies/just an overall clean up) and get started on Missy's story.

Plagiarist
So, I kinda feel like a stalker but I found her tumblr and left her a message there to take my stuff down and I also found her on another writing site and I've joined it so I can comment on her wall there as well. Biggest joke to me is that she has the nerve to say she wants her books to be something people carry around with them like a bible one day.

Right. And yet she's not putting any effort into actually writing her own stuff, ridiculous.At seventeen she knows better then to be doing what she's doing.



But anyway, lol, how's life going for everyone else?

Comments

  1. How creative are you? You could sell stuff you make online on etsy or like someone I know go through stuff you don't want and sell them on ebay. Vintage stores might buy some things too.

    Life for me is okay. Working on xmas prezzies (making most of them). I just can't stand my job at the moment, I need a new one that's a lot more creative!

    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love Etsy. I want to say I'm pretty creative but since I haven't taken the time to build on any crafts outside of writing, I'm not as good at things as I should be.

    Not to mention I wouldn't know what to sell. Hmm... but I will think a bit more about the ebay idea since I have some stuff in really good condition that just don't fit my personality anymore.

    And what do you do if you don't mind me asking? Is there a more creative department that you can switch into?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a graphic designer/illustrator, just starting out at the mo but I love making things from jewellery to cards, crocheting like an old lady. anything to keep my hands occupied really, writing is pretty much a hobbie for me.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh,are you on deviantart? I know a lot of people don't like it but that's the easiest way for me to keep track of artists.

    I would love to start making jewelry even if it's just for myself since I'm a fan of the beaded jewelry look and I figure it's cheaper to make then to buy but it never happens. I don't know, I've tried a lot of hands on crafts but I always stop at some point.

    And I am impressed about the graphic design/illustrator thing, they always seem so creative/busy when they're in the MAC labs at school but I guess it's different when someone is paying you to make what they want in a specific way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My web presence is non-existant at the moment, which i'm in the process of fixing, i just about have a facebook account. I'll let you know when I get my stuff up.

    If you start making jewellery believe me you'll never stop. Every time i pass a store i have to go in (and it doesn't help to be working next door to one).
    Though it does cut the cost of christmas presents and people love it when they get something handmade. And you always love when you see them wear it too. It's great really.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here have some Judi

the plagiarist

Frustration and Musings