Status Update

School is finished for the term, so I'm focused on getting chapter 32 done and posted by Christmas. I'm really aiming to have the story complete before the new year starts even if the other chapters have to be handwritten with point form thrown in for ideas I don't have the words to get complete, lol. It might not get posted until the new year starts but I just want to be secure in the fact that I have it complete, lol.

We'll see how well that goes since my baby brother alone has me all over the place (he has never met a club he didn't want to join so we're going to a bunch of Christmas concerts for him now. I'm actually pretty proud about that, lol, not to mention this is the first time in almost five years that I've been able to go to one of his concerts).

But seriously, I do need to step my game up. I remember in '08 I was working on my supernatural story, and there was another girl working on her paranormal story. She was/is around the same age as me, we were writing in the same genre and we both intended to get published.  Her first book, the one she was working on in '08 was released earlier this year [like in February]. I still haven't finished my first round of edits for that bad boy. Not to mention I think I posted IWOAK in  2008, lol, and it's just coming to an end now.


I mean,  if I had gotten the original published I would hate it today. The details and intertwining that I have down now isn't there in my first draft at all but it is kind of depressing to see this person with a three book hardcover contract out and we legit started at the same time.

On a positive note,Christmas is steadily approaching as is my 600th review, I've been racking my brain to try and think of a 'gift' to give you guys for when I hit the 600th mark (I meant to do it for 500 since I like odd numbers but it slipped past me, lol) but I've come up with nada. Is there anything you'd like to see/read as a gift [beyond chapter 32, lol]?

I hope everything is going well for everyone, especially those of you who weren't having the best November! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here have some Judi

the plagiarist

Frustration and Musings