Story Status

So I'm over halfway finished chapter 28. I currently have 8946 words of an expected 13 000 finished. I've also written out most of AJ's one-shot, I just need to type it up which will be done after the chapter is complete. 

I'm aiming to finish the majority of my class assignments this weekend and then just focus on the chapter. 

Also, I found the first person version of that wedding snippit I put up a few posts back. The voice in this one is stronger than third person (I feel) but the descriptions are lacking.





“You know, maybe you wouldn’t be so bitter if they had waited until your tears had dried and your heart had healed before sending out those invites,” My Aunt Adelina mused as she took a sip of her margarita. I rolled my eyes. 

“I am not bitter. I just think that it’s bitchy to invite the ex-girlfriend of the guy you’re marrying. Especially when you were her best friend and she caught the two of you doing the dirty two weeks after the break up. Especially when you know she wasn’t over him.”

“Well then you shouldn’t have come, everyone thinks you’re a woman scorned, look at your mother, she’s doing the salsa with one of Prissy’s uncles right now; she’s having the time of her life.”

I looked up and saw that my mother was indeed dancing with one of Prissy’s many uncles. They were dancing beside the table dedicated to the wedding party and I glowered as Prissy’s uncle dipped my mother.
 “I only came because you and mother forced me too. If it was up to me I’d be in my room, taping her face onto dolls and cutting the head off.”
“Wow, you’re right, you’re not bitter in any way shape or form.”
“Shut up Addy.”
“Is that anyway to talk to an elder, Carmine Alda?”
“It is when your elder’s only three years older than you. Now shush, I’m trying to drown my sorrows here.”
Addy gave me a disgusted look. “ First, it’s impossible to drown your series with a margarita, we need shots and two, with that attitude it’s obvious why your best friend walked all over you and took your man. Contemplate drowning them. Ooh, or better yet, help me decide which one of those guys to ask to dance.”
I turned to look at where Addy was looking then frowned.
“That’s Marcus and Jude.”
“Your point?”                                                                            
“My point is that Garret hates those guys. I think it’s because their fathers are not only richer than his but that they’ve actually worked to improve their family businesses. They’re assholes.” I dismissed the both of them and snuck a glance at the happy newly weds who were now drinking out of each other’s wine glasses. It was so cute it made me feel a bit nauseous.
“No, Garret was an asshole. Those guys are fine. Come on, lets ask them to dance.”
“Girls don’t ask guys to dance.”
“Girls don’t get pregnant at sixteen and keep the baby and yet, here you are, alive and well because your mother broke free from the oppressive views of society. Think of it as a Sadie Hawkins dance type thing.”
 “I hated those things. Hard enough having to wait and see if a guy asks you out on his own, they have to up the heart attack level by making you ask them? Hell no, guys hardly do anything as it is, the least they can do is ask you to dance.” Addy stared at me for a moment then shook her head.
“Good to see the feminist movement hit you hard. Okay, forget it, you’re going to get your wish.”
“Prissy’s choking?” I asked glancing up quickly and peering at the table situated at the head of the reception hall. Addy snickered.
“Morbid much? No, they’re coming over here.”
“Who’s coming over here? Priscilla and Garret?”
“The guys! Can you forget about those two losers for a hot minute and pay attention?”
I scowled at her. “For your information, seeing as how it’s their wedding they should be the main thing on our minds.”
“Not when sex on legs are headed your way. Smile check.”
She bared her teeth at me, which I’m sure looked quite attractive to the two guys headed our way, raising her eyebrows when I didn’t inform her if she had anything stuck between them fast enough.
I shook my head, then sighed as she stared at me insistently and did a quick teeth baring of my own.
She gave a satisfied nod before straightening in her seat and beaming at the boys, no men, who were making their way steadily to our table. I spared them both a quick glance from the corner of my eye not wanting to seem anywhere near as eager as my aunt.
I loved her but subtlety was not her strong suit.



Comments

  1. Continue writing this story,can't wait for the next preview. I like the characters, the story seems to have a great plot. Is this an interracial story, like IWOAK ?

    Izzy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, but this seems more like the middle of the story to me. Somehow i think all the drama was in catching the married guys together. Would definitely be something worth reading though.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I don't know if this is interracial or not, it was an idea I started about three years ago that turned into an exercise to see how well my ideas transferred from first to third and to spot the weaknesses in my writing styles.

    I don't know where my original notes for it are, although I do have a similar idea for a book in my Mad World series where the MC is thought to be a superficial bitch [she's actually painfully shy] and she discovers that her best friend is pregnant for her boyfriend and they're going to get married because that's what the upper middle class do and they expect her to support them.

    I still have to flesh it out and figure out all the major plot points though. Glad you guys find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here have some Judi

the plagiarist

Frustration and Musings