Status Update

I feel so behind on everything. I'm behind on review replies for chapter thirty ( I usually try to get them out either the same day as the new chapter has been posted or a day or two after), chapter 30 was posted mad late (it was supposed to be up for Halloween) and I was supposed to post a blog a few days ago.





IWOAK
Currently working on IWOAK32 (scene transitions hate my life, I thought I had gotten better then I get to this chapter. Oy) and decided to take a slight break because everything is getting frustrating. I know what I want, I know the emotions I have to get across but nothing is working the way it needs too. So frustrating.

I'm also worried that some things might seem like they came out of nowhere, which to be fair, they do. but Judi has either been in the dark about certain things or willfully forgetting stuff and since she's the main character and the only person we hear from, you learn things when she does.

I've also been printing off the chapters so I can start the editing process in a few months once I have everything done. Holy. Moly. Thank God my school has free printing (well, not really free since its' part of my tuition fee, but still) over 100 pages so far and I haven't printed even half of it, lmao. Deffo need to cut a lot and tighten it up without losing the actual feel of the story, so that should be fun.

Project for 2012 though.

Also, how would you guys feel if I bumped their ages up? I'm not positive yet, but I feel like some of the conflict is something they would be better able to go through realistically in Uni but then I feel like it would lose something not to mention FFYT would need to get a major overhaul as well.

Eh. Again, something to decide for 2012/2013 once I finish it and FFYT.

Fall For Your Type
I'm going to post a rough summary for this story beneath the cut. I don't think it has any spoilers in it but just to be safe, only click the link if you don't mind possibly being spoiled.





Rough summary:

Missy has finally managed to get her shit together. She's left her gang affiliations behind, has a steady part-time job and an apartment of her own, is in her final years of uni and toying with the idea of going for her L-SATS. She has also managed to stick to her new years resolution and birthday gift to herself:


I will not date any gangbangers, men who think gun running is a logical career choice, or convicted felons who treat Prison like a hotel. The only jailbirds I'll love will be the ones who already share my last name.

Of course, that's not to say her life is perfect. She's currently pulling a Cher since neither of her parents deserve to have her using their last names, a new gang is rolling in on her brothers' turf and the resulting ripples are threatening to pull her back into a life she has fought so hard to escape.

And let's not forget the cherub faced blast from her past who is testing her dedication to her resolution and is keen on showing her that this time, he can be trusted with her heart.

She's determined to keep it moving and avoid past mistakes, but even she has to admit, if you fall for it three times, it's not a mistake, it's a habit. And this bad habit is just her type.
---
Working on summaries during class and that's one of the ones I came up with. Not my favourite one so far but it hits on the major points without giving anything away.

It's also boring as heck, lol. I'm tempted to make Missy's story one with a dual point of view but we all see how I've been doing with AJ's story, ish is hard. And Missy's 'hero' will be just as hard to write as AJ, even harder since his emotions are a bit closer to the surface, or at least it seems that way, and it'll be hell to keep his voice distinct from hers in first person.


Comments

  1. First and foremost take ur time. When u get it right we'll still be here, ur great support network :) Personally I feel iwoak should remain in high school, it then leaves room for judi to be naive sometimes and her parents to still be protective of her and for aj to grow up and get to grips with his pride. Also the basis of missy coming into her own works better in uni, she's allowed to make mistakes. Loving the first half of fall for your type summary. Just feel that painting vince as cherubic is a bit too cutesy, as a goblin he's got two different sides whichissy needs to see. Plus missy doesn't seem like the type to bypass everything she knows for a cute face, he needs depth.

    Thought i'd let u know i've had my very own What Would Missy Do? moment, my boss should be very worried.

    Remember no stress.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost don't stress, when u gey it right we'll still b here, ur great support network :) Personally I don't think u should move iwoak from high school. At this age judi can still be naive and protected by her parents and aj can grow up and get over his pride, there's always room for more at uni. As fir the summary I loved the first half that's completely missy. Not really feeling the cherubic description of vince, as a goblin he's got two sided that missy needs ti see. Also I din't think missy would stray too much from what she knows and cutesy doesn't feel right.

    Thought i'd let u know I had a What Would Missy Do? moment, my boss is now trying to get rid of me.

    Remember no stress.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I dropped my phone and thought I had to start again.
    Stretch19

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Missy is fully aware of the two sides of Vince. Large part of why she doesn't trust him. But I'll definitely try to make their relationship clearer.

    Lol, everyone has a what would missy do moment just keep in mind she's seventeen so when she snaps the worse that'll happen is detention or juvie if everyne keeps their mouth shut, lol. Hope you and your boss can figure it out and if not keep your work impeccable and get started on your online presence, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, i agree take your time and i don't think IWOAK timeline should be changed.i think their ages allow some of the mistakes they are making and it makes us (or at least me) understand Judi more and why she kept the "friends" she had in the beginning.

    I am really excited for FFYT and whats to come with missy. i would love to see her grown up. I have a feeling she would be even more great as a character.

    LadyLuckAJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here have some Judi

the plagiarist

Frustration and Musings